REGISTRATION IN THE RUSSIA
Upon arrival to the Russian Federation every foreign national must obtain migration registration.
Migration registration is divided into:
- Registration of permanent place of residence;
- Registration of temporary place of residence.
Registration of permanent place of residence
This type of registration applies only to foreign nationals who are on:
- Temporary residence permit;
- Permanent residence permit.
A foreign national is obliged to register their place of residence within 7 working days from the date of receipt of the temporary or permanent residence permit, or upon arrival to the place of residence.
Foreign nationals who have registration of permanent place of residence also need registration of temporary place of residence.
Registration of temporary place of residence
Upon entry into the Russian Federation a foreign national must be registered within 7 working days.
Exceptions are only made for highly skilled specialists (HQS). Such foreigners have the right not to register within 90 days from the date of entry into the Russian Federation. After 90 days, the HQS must register within 7 working days.
What if there is a change in the temporary place of residence?
If you change your temporary place of residence you need to be registered at the new temporary place of residence.
HQS have the right not to register within 30 days. After 30 days, they need to register within 7 working days.
Who performs registration?
The receiving party performs registration. The receiving party can be:
- Citizen of the Russian Federation or a foreign national with a residence permit (registration at the place of residence of the citizen);
- Employer (registration at the registered office of the company);
Procedure for obtaining registration of temporary place of residence
- The foreign national should present the following documents to the receiving party:
- Migration card;
- The receiving party shall notify Main Directorate for Migration Affairs of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia (directly or through an RT post office), and a special mark is placed on the detachable part of the notification form.
- After this procedure is complete, the receiving party need to give the detachable part of the notification form to the foreign national. This confirms the registration of temporary place of residence.
Do I need to de-register from the place of residence?
There is no requirement to de-register from the place of residence.
Registration of temporary place of residence is automatically terminated if the foreign national:
- Registers at a new place of residence;
- Leaves the Russian Federation.
VALEN provides a full range of residence registration services:
- Consultation on all matters related to registration in Russia;
- Preparation of documents for migration registration.